Yogurt was on sale. Sometimes that’s all it takes.
Find yourself an English cucumber and de-seed it. Then grate it up. A cheese grater works fine, if you’ve got a fancy kitchen then go for the shredding attachment on your food processor.
Lightly salt the cucumber then wrap it in a paper towels and squeeze the moisture out.
Mix it with some minced garlic, chopped dill, extra virgin olive oil and vinegar. Some recipes call for lemon juice instead of vinegar. I am here to tell you that if you use lemon juice, you are really missing out on a great tzatziki. Then mix it all up with some Greek yogurt.
Tzatziki is a tangy dip made with cucumber, fresh dill, and garlic.
- 1 English cucumber, deseeded
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbs chopped fresh dill
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbs vinegar
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Grate up the cucumber, salt it, then wrap it in a paper towel and squeeze out all the moisture you can.
- Mix it...with the rest of the ingredients. Boom! Done.
Copyright © 2016 The Everything Kitchen