September was a giant month full of ALL THE THINGS! Kyle’s fall semester is now in full swing, and we are BUSY. Right now our lives are all about balance – Get a school project done…then work on a bus project. Work really hard…then bring some snacks to the beach.
- Find some good, easy crockpot recipes to make mealtime easier. I tried out a crockpot 12 bean soup recipe but wasn’t too impressed. That’s pretty much all I tried. It was really easy, at least.
- Put that stupid window back in the bus. September 6 shall go down in history as the day we called in an expert and traded zucchini bread for manpower and finally got that last window to give.
- We both signed up to volunteer at a surf event at Folly Beach. The event was called Wheel to Surf, and we were helping disabled people surf! It was one of the coolest events ever.
- Clean up the garden. Dead and dried things removed, now it almost looks like a happy garden again!
- Figure out what we’re doing Labor Day Weekend. We put the window back in the bus and that is all I remember about Labor Day Weekend.
Alright, let’s see what I can muster up for October.
- We’re volunteered at another event this month – a Latin American Festival. We’ll be slinging cervezas all day long.
- I made a couple recipes in early September that I haven’t gotten around to sharing, so expect to see some tasty treats this month.
- We’re looking at at least one camping trip this month. Maybe two? Maybe two.
- It would be pretty great to have refrigeration for our camping trip. We just need a house battery, a regulator, and some wooden stuff.
- Ribs were on sale…so I bought a rack of ribs. I have no idea what to do with them! So that’s happening.
Gratuitous shot of the world’s most stubborn window:
We hardly ever go out to eat, and when we do, it’s usually a taco truck where $9 will sate us both. Well, we decided to splurge during Charleston Restaurant Week. People! This is one of the best meals I’ve had in a long time. That’s why I’m going to make you look at every single thing we ate.
Chicken and veggie empanadas, spicy tuna tostados (with a habanero sauce and avocado relish), wood fire grilled salmon and veggies, and a mountain of tenderloin stuffed poblano peppers (with ancho rice, roasted red peppers, black beans, caramelized onions, jack cheese, roasted corn, red chile sauce, and poblano cream).