Couscous salad is a side dish with staying power, studded with fresh flavors. Cold couscous is mixed with chopped vegetables, herbs, and a light dressing to create an easy summer side salad.
The couscous is simple to make, and while it’s cooling, there’s plenty of time to chop vegetables.
Everything is topped off with fresh parsley and a light dressing made of olive oil, lemon juice, and a few spices.
Couscous salad is a side dish with staying power, studded with fresh flavors. Cold couscous is mixed with chopped vegetables, fresh parsley, and a light dressing to create an easy summer side salad.
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. raw couscous
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 c. fresh tomato, seeded and diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the couscous. Bring the water back to a boil, then remove it from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Refrigerate until cool.
- Combine all the veggies in a bowl. Add the parsley.
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, and spices. Mix the dressing into the vegetables. Add the couscous and gently mix everything together.
Copyright © 2016 The Everything Kitchen