Unseasonably warm weather has me terrified for what the summer temps are going to look like. I’m just going get that all out in the open right away. That being said, we had marvelous weather in February so we spent a lot of time outside!
- Kyle claims we’re going to start our spring cleaning in February. We talked about it a lot but I haven’t done much yet.
- I need to get some plants started if I’m going to have a garden this year. Again, something I talked about but didn’t actually follow through on.
- A birthday party is happening. We traveled, we partied, much joy abounded.
- I need a tasty crockpot recipe! I revived a lentil soup recipe from the archives, but it isn’t a crockpot recipe. Close enough?
- Super Bowl. Any excuse for good food and good company, right? I don’t think I took any photos though.
So…February goals were kind of a bust. Between traveling, social events, and being sick, I didn’t have much energy for getting stuff done around the house. I’m sure March will be better.
- First Friday Art Walk! March is one of the bigger months for this event, so it should be a great night to be out!
- Seriously. Spring. Cleaning.
- We’re heading to one of the local plantations – gotta use our passes while we have them!
- St. Patrick’s Day block party? Yes, please.
- Taxes! I’ve been waiting on one last tax document. Hopefully it comes in soon.
- I managed to a Duolingo lesson every day in February! I’ve got to keep that streak going.
Early in the month, we traversed up to Michigan. It’s been nearly 3 years since we’ve seen snow, so we decided to embrace it – we went snowshoeing!
After our camping trip, we stopped by Edisto Beach – this area was hit pretty hard in Hurricane Matthew. Hard enough to wipe out the campout’s original campground, and there was still quite a bit of damage to the waterfront as well.