Last week I talked about the fact that my cooking has been really uninspired lately. I’ve spent some time thinking about how to change that and get out of this food rut.
One of the things I realized is that I need food prep to be really easy on weeknights, because I don’t have the time or energy to create a 5 star meal. Enter these super easy grilled kabobs.
Get some rice cooking. Chop some veggies and meat, skewer and grill. Twenty minutes is all it takes, and it all comes together, just like that! Since I’m not spending the time to marinate these, I like to add some type of sauce to give them a punch of flavor. Next week I’ll post the sauce I made to go with these.
Grilled kabobs served over a bed of jasmine rice are an easy weeknight meal, only twenty minutes from start to finish!
- 1 c. jasmine rice
- 2 c. chicken or vegetable broth (or according to package directions)
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 bell pepper
- 4 oz. mushrooms
- 1 small onion
- 1 small zucchini
- Heat up the broth to boiling, then add the rice. Turn down to a simmer, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes (or according to the package directions on the rice).
- While the rice is doing it's thing, chop up all the kabob ingredients into 1-inch pieces. Place the veggies and chicken on skewers.
- Grill the skewers on medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes per side until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the kabobs over a bed of rice.
Copyright © 2016 The Everything Kitchen