Fresh herbs are my favorite way to add a ton of flavor to a meal. One thing you can always find in my fridge is a bunch of cilantro, so when I decided to try out some Brazilian dishes, I jumped on the chance to try a chimichurri recipe.
Fresh cilantro and parsley come together with garlic, lemon juice and olive oil. Plus a few other spices.
Blend smooth, look at the beautiful bright color.
And that’s…it! Serve over your favorite grilled meat to keep it in line with a more traditional Brazilian style, and don’t forget to add a side dish like Brazilian Pão de Queijo.
Chimichurri sauce is a blend of fresh herbs, garlic and olive oil that makes an excellent condiment for just about any grilled meats.
- 1 c. fresh cilantro, lightly packed
- 1 c. fresh parsley, lightly packed
- 3 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 6 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except for olive oil in a food processor. Process until well-chopped.
- Slowly stream in the olive oil and blend until smooth.
- Serve over your favorite grilled meat.
Copyright © 2016 The Everything Kitchen