Christmas in South Carolina is perfect grilling weather! Brazilian may not feel like a traditional Christmas meal, but in my family, it just might be…
The meat is a lean London broil, marinated in a flavorful mix of lemon juice, garlic and spices.
Toss the skewers on a hot grill for a minute or two per side, or to your preferred level of doneness.
Make a meal out of it! Serve the beef skewers with a quick and easy chimichurri, and add a side of pão de queijo (Brazilian cheese buns). I also made some rice and beans because rice is good and black beans are amazing.
Brazilian beef skewers are a fantastic marinated meat, served with easy homemade chimichurri sauce.
- 2 lbs london broil, with fat trimmed
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Cut the beef into thin strips.
- Combine beef and all other ingredients in a glass bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Thread the beef onto skewers. Grill on medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or to preferred level of cooking.
- Serve with chimichurri sauce.
just barely adapted from taste
Copyright © 2016 The Everything Kitchen